Saturday, June 9, 2007

Birdy's Wordys

When Birdy tagged me for the one word response exercise in self-limitation ... I thought "Cinch ...Easy peasy, have it done in no time".

Not so.

As ye may have gathered, if I get an opportunity to use 10 words, I'm not about to cramp my style, limit my verbosity, pull the reins on my rantings, and only employ 2. Where would be the fun in that?

But this WAS fun to do .... and insightful as well. The insight being that I really do use too many words when fewer would suffice and even from the way I am rambling on in this preamble just goes to show that given my head I could go on and on and on.

Forever.

Ad nauseum.

Enough.



One-Word Responses



1. Where is your cell phone? Dunno
2. Relationship? Enigmatic
3. Your hair? Enhanced
4. Work? Necessary
5. Your sister? Beloved


6. Your favourite thing? Eyes
7. Your dream last night? Gone
8. Your favourite drink? Tea
9. Your dream car? Bicycle
10. The room you're in? Study


11. Your shoes? Sandals
12. Your fears? Lurking
13. What do you want to be in 10 years? Alive
14. Who did you hang out with at w/e Family
15. What are you not good at? Nothing


16. Muffin? Banana/walnut
17. Wish list item? Wings
18. Where you grew up? Ireland
19. The last thing you did? Sleep
20. What are you wearing? Smile


21. What are you not wearing? Restraints
22. Your pet? Mansbestfriend
23. Your computer? Challenging
24. Your life? Open
25. Your mood? Optimistic


26. Missing? Nothing
27. What are you thinking about? Breakfast
28. Your car? Cast-off
29. Your kitchen? Untidy
30. Your summer? Started


31. Your favourite colour? Yellowpurplegreen
32. Last time you laughed? Yesterday
33. Last time you cried? Forget
34. School? Restrictive
35. Love? Essential



It is with great pleasure that I now tag Miss Molly, Pauline, Tanya.

The fruits of your mission, should you schoose to accept it, will be awaited, impatiently.

Miss Molly fans should not hold their breath as she is up to her oxters plotting and scheming the next escapade for her unsuspecting, innocent til proven guilty, sister.

7 comments:

molly said...

Lest my head be empty on our trek north. Now I have to come up with a semblance of intelligent responses! Food for thought for the road.....BTW---that's not a colour! Cheater!

Pam said...

Love your responses. And your previous blog (I'm playing catch-up here) - how TRUE. Being a mummy and being the most important person in the world to the tiny person - wonderful. If temporary.

Re your comment on my blog, ooh, Rise, it ought indeed to be "an opened...". Just a typo, but it's so much harder to see one's own mistakes than other people's (and that doesn't apply only to typos, of course). Thanks so much for pointing it out.

I've changed it.

meggie said...

Enjoyed your responses!
Food for thought indeed.

Tanya Brown said...

LOL! I enjoyed reading this post, perhaps as much as you enjoyed writing it.

I saw your and Molly's notes on my blog regarding the posting of pictures. Have you had any luck using the method outlined at this URL?

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=41641&topic=8915

If not, let me know and I'll suggest something else.

Birdydownunder said...

told yer it was difficult. I am becoming so learned and wise, not to say learning lots of new words, four letters and more, following you lot around roflo..... aubirdwoman

Pauline said...

k - sounds like fun. Look for it :)

Molly said...

Hello, I hope that you are rested from your trip to the US. Your one word answers are very clever, I especially like 13, 20, 21, and, of course, 35.